    SubjectRe: 2.4.21 ServerWorks DMA Bugs
    That at least explains the lack of DMA, but why does non-DMA IO result in
    such significant clock skew?

    Also, does anybody know what the status of the failure to recognize higher
    UDMA modes on the CSB5 chipset? Is there a working patch out there?

    Thanks again, Ryan

    On Sat, 5 Jul 2003, Markus Plail wrote:

    > On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, Ryan Mack wrote:
    >
    > > I've real the other threads but nothing touches on my specific issue.
    > > I have a dual P4 Xeon Dell PowerEdge 1600SC with a Fusion MPT SCSI
    > > controller and a ServerWorks CSB5 IDE chipset. All the HDs are on the
    > > SCSI bus, and only my CD reader and my DVD writer are on the IDE bus
    > > (one on each channel). Hyperthreading is enabled (4 logical
    > > processors). I am using GCC 3.2.2.
    > >
    > > The CD readers is the blacklisted 'SAMSUNG CD-ROM SC-148C' and I never
    > > use it so I can remove it if needed. The DVD writer is a 'SONY DVD RW
    > > DRU-500A'. Both are going through the ide-scsi driver. Whenever I
    > > read/write CDs in the DVD writer, I get very high system load (50% on
    > > one CPU), even though DMA seems to be enabled.
    >
    > If you are writing CDs with unusual block sizes (audio CDs, (S)VCDs,
    > RAW mode -> blocksize != 2048) you won't get DMA with ide-scsi, no
    > matter what you do. It's simply not supported.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.020 / U:1.532 seconds]