SubjectRe: 2.6.0t2 Hangs randomly
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:11:32 +0200, Stefano Rivoir wrote:
>Ian Hastie wrote:
>> On Wednesday 30 Jul 2003 09:27, Stefano Rivoir wrote:
>>

>> What makes you think this is a hang? Does the disc activity stop?
>If you > press the caps lock or num lock keys does the LED light up?
>What I'm asking > is could it have been swapping for some reason? I've
>had the system go > unresponsive on me quite recently, also when
>running KDE. It easilly took a > two or more minutes to start
>responding again. The disc light stayed active > all the time it
>wasn't responding.
>
>No, it hangs. No cursor movement, no keyboard reaction, no ping on
>eth0, no disc activity except for 3/4 seconds following. I left it like
>that 10/15 minutes then I had to power it off...

I have similar symptom when the freeze happen. No disk activity, no
mouse, no keyboard, the open sessions ssh not to respond, no ping, etc.
Until this moment, I happen to me only once, but it takes advantage of
east message to comment to them of the experience.
In any case if experiment these freeze, I return to them to communicate
of the problem, and in any case I test some parameter of starting
or options of compilation that you they recommend to me.

About other beta versions of kernel I cannot comment to them because
not them probe. 2.6.0-test1 probe just a short time.

Lamentably it is not left anything registered in logs, only combinacion
of keys that responds is sysrq-reboot.
sysrq-sync and sysrq-umount not respond (no disk activity).

Running: kernel compilation (over ext3) ,
X 4.3 (DRI no in use), KDE,Mozilla(downloading file over xfs)
,Sylpheed,Xchat, and in the reiser fs partition no activitie.

When reboot fsck deleted orphaned entrys from /tmp (ext3) and no others
problems in others filesystems.

My .config, dmesg and lspci.
http://www.vmlinuz.com.ar/slackware/kernel.config.djgera/config-2.6.0-test2
http://www.vmlinuz.com.ar/slackware/info-hard/dmesg-2.6.0-test2-djgera