    SubjectRe: [linux-usb-devel] Re: OHCI problems with suspend/resume

    > I suspect that USB should do some non-global PM stuff too.
    > Hub ports can be suspended when the devices connected to them
    > are idle for long enough ... that's not something I'd expect
    > system-wide PM policies to address.

    Indeed, this is not addressed, though it may sense to have
    a way in the device model to call the suspend/resume callbacks
    of "childs" of a given hub only for that purpose, I don't think
    this is implemented yet. Maybe talk to Patrick about it.

    In general "local" power management (automatic disk spin down,
    chipset idle-pm, etc...) is ... local to the driver, though you
    can probably use the power state field of struct device to
    store your current state if it maps to those semantics.