    SubjectRe: [linux-usb-devel] Re: OHCI problems with suspend/resume
    On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 15:37, David Brownell wrote:
    > Pavel Machek wrote:
    >
    > >>All of which is a roundabout way of adding to what I
    > >>said: the PM infrastructure USB will need to rely on
    > >>seems like it needs polishing yet! :)
    > >

    > > Do you need vetoing? Otherwise it should be ready, except for APM.
    >
    > USB drivers don't talk suspend/resume yet, so they
    > won't notice missing features there. Regressions
    > are a different story though.
    >
    > But I can imagine that usb-storage (or is that SCSI?)
    > might want to veto suspending devices that are being
    > used for some kinds of i/o. Eventually it should exist.

    The only place where a kernel driver may veto is when doing things
    like firmware flashing.

    If you want to veto suspend when burning a CD, it's userland policy. We
    still need, I beleive, to define/write a proper userland-side API for
    all these with the daemon that goes with it. That will be next step once
    we have the kernel side working properly ;)

    Ben.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.021 / U:2.396 seconds]