SubjectRe: Linux 2.4.22-pre9
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Zwane Mwaikambo wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
>
> > I know. I just forgot to add network driver fixes and b44 driver from
> > jgarziks tree. He sent me those _before_ I released -pre9. Thats why
> > -pre10 so soon.
>
> Ok those would be easier to isolate problems with anyway.

In order to isolate problems, the fewer patches there are between releases,
the easier it will be to find out what can be the cause of the problem
(if any, the last couple of pre releases are working perfectly for me,
if CONFIG_VIDEO_BT848 would be saved in .config, I can build them
without human intervention, so the number of releases is no problem for
me. When the compile succeeds, the next time I boot my machine I will have
the latest kernel running, currently 2.4.22-pre9).

> > I think a one week average for pre releases is good.
>
> Sounds fine, thanks.
>
> Zwane

Have fun,

Aschwin Marsman

--
aYniK Software Solutions all You need is Knowledge
P.O. box 134 NL-7600 AC Almelo - the Netherlands