SubjectRe: Turning off automatic screen clanking
are you really sure the kernel default is to blank?

on my slackware systems there is a setterm -blank 15 in the startup
scripts and all I have ever needed to do (1.2 through 2.4 kernels) is to
comment this out and the screen never blanks.

David Lang

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Alex Riesen wrote:

> Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:14:17 +0200
> From: Alex Riesen <alexander.riesen@synopsys.COM>
> To: Zwane Mwaikambo <zwane@arm.linux.org.uk>
> Cc: Linux kernel <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
> Subject: Re: Turning off automatic screen clanking
>
> Zwane Mwaikambo, Wed, Jul 30, 2003 03:37:26 +0200:
> > On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Jamie Lokier wrote:
> >
> > > One of Richard's points is that there is presently no way to fix the
> > > box in userspace. If the kernel crashes during boot, it will blank
> > > the screen and there is no way to unblank it in that state.
> >
> > Well something like this should work without complicating things during
> > panic.
> >

> Does it unblank screen if panic happened while the screen was blanked?
>
> -

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.095 / U:0.944 seconds]