SubjectRe: Contributing to the kernel while being employed
On Mer, 2003-07-30 at 15:50, Anuradha Ratnaweera wrote:
> > Isn't this whole "problem" solved if you do your hobbies in your own
> > free time? Of course, then you should also NOT use any IP from your
> > employer then.
>
> Not always. Some contracts talk about "employement", while others (most
> are of this catagory) are about the "employement period". The latter
> _does_ include all 24 hours of the day (I have checked it with some
> legal folks.)

It depends a lot on the country (and in the US even the state). You'll
find everything from outright prohibition of your employer owning
anything outside of working hours through to a default assumption they
own everything you produce (where one wonders if that entitles you to
have your sewage delivered to their CEO's office...)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.477 / U:0.004 seconds]