SubjectRe: Feature proposal (scheduling related) -- conclusion
Hi!

> > great, I had no idea of this potential. But what I propose is scheduling the
> > network traffic (at least the outgoing traffic that we can influence directly)
> > according to the process priority, not according to the traffic type (which is
> > important but different).
>
> So you want to use a number that controls the CPU scheduling to force the network
> scheduling to go along? That's a bad idea waiting to happen.

Hint: he's right.

By default it is reasonable to give lower disk priority to nice -19 tasks. In some cases that
breaks, so cpu_nice, disk_nice etc. would be better.
Pavel
--
Pavel
Written on sharp zaurus, because my Velo1 broke. If you have Velo you don't need...