    SubjectRe: Status of the IO scheduler fixes for 2.4
    On 02 Jul 2003 22:02:07 -0400
    Chris Mason <mason@suse.com> wrote:

    > [...]
    > Nick would like to see a better balance of throughput/fairness, I wimped
    > out and went for the userspace toggle instead because I think anything
    > else requires pulling in larger changes from 2.5 land.

    I have a short question on that: did you check if there are any drawbacks on
    network performance through this? We had a phenomenon here with 2.4.21 with
    both samba and simple ftp where network performance dropped to a crawl when
    simply entering "sync" on the console. Even simple telnet-sessions seemed to be
    affected. As we could not create a reproducable setup I did not talk about this
    up to now, but I wonder if anyone else ever checked that out ...

    Regards,
    Stephan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.020 / U:243.756 seconds]