SubjectRe: [patch] scheduler fix for 1cpu/node case
On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 10:18:19PM +0200, Erich Focht wrote:
> > > So x86_64 platforms
> > > (but not only those!) suffer and whish to switch off the NUMA
> > > scheduler while keeping NUMA memory management on.
> >
> > Right - I have a patch to make it a config option (CONFIG_NUMA_SCHED)
> > ... I'll feed that upstream this week.
>
> That's one way, but the proposed patch just solves the problem (in a
> more general way, also for other NUMA cases). If you deconfigure NUMA
> for a NUMA platform, we'll have problems switching it back on when
> adding smarter things like node affine or homenode extensions.

That's one important point IMHO. Currently Opteron does not really
need the NUMA scheduler, but it will be in future with such extensions.
This means it would be better if the current scheduler supports
it already so that it can be easily extended.

Thanks for the patch.

-Andi

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans