SubjectRe: matroxfb and 2.6.0-test2
> > I have an old matrox millenium 1 card.  does the matrox fb support this
> > card? All I got was a blank screen. fbcon and matroxfb with support for
> > I/II cards compiled in. When I had vga16 compiled in as well, I would get the
> > console if I switched to vt2 and back to vt1.
>
> Yes, it supports Millennium1 too. Are you sure that you built fbcon
> support into the kernel? And that you have only one fbdev, matroxfb?

Yes. This caused a permenant black screen. fbset did not give me anything
usable. Monitor did not go into powersave.

> >From your description it looks to me like that you are using vesafb
> together with matroxfb.

I did, but that caused it to give a blank screen until I changed VTs.
I removed both vesafb and vga16 and recompiled to achive the result I stated
above.

I'll try 2.6.0-test2 later on today. I did not do a make clean between
compiles. When I compile test2, it will be clean, I never patch dirty
trees.