    SubjectRe: Compiling problem with certain options
    On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 05:01:18PM +0300, Stoian Atanasov wrote:

    > Funny, but now i did the menuconfig again and clear, dep, bzImage, modules
    > and it is ok, maybe i missed removing some module before as i want to
    > compile a quite light kernel.

    make dep is obsolete in 2.6

    > Many times i wanted to compile a kernel with just a fiew options and get
    > some errors, and when want to kompile with lot of options it's ok. I guess
    > there are some dependency problems, which are not handled properly by make
    > dep? And i heard somewhere that it is a common error.

    When reconfiguring a 2.4 kernel it is adviced to do a:
    cp .config ..
    make mrproper
    cp ../.config .
    make oldconfig
    make dep
    etc.

    For 2.6 you can just run make, without cleaning up before.
    To get a resonable small configuration you can start out with
    "make allnoconfig", which compiles ok in 2.6 for now.

    > Is there a dedicated site, forum about this problem?

    This is a good place - you can also try kernelnewbies.

    Sam

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.019 / U:1.872 seconds]