SubjectRe: Ingo Molnar and Con Kolivas 2.6 scheduler patches
Marc-Christian Petersen escribe el 26/07/03 11:46:
> XMMS does not skip, but hey, I don't care about XMMS skipping at all.

For those of us who'd like to use Linux as a serious musical production
environment in the near future, it is important to have the choice of a
system that does exactly that. This is, audio should not skip even on a
heavily loaded system. We do not care much about graphical
responsiveness. Think of something like Pro Tools LE running over Mac
OS, with up to 32 audio tracks being mixed without the help of a DSP
chip. Even when CPU usage gets higher than 80%, you don't get a single
audio glitch.

Of course, for musical production, also the lowest latency achievable is
a must.

This is only a humble opinion which I hope you find useful.

Regards, Ismael

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.170 / U:0.044 seconds]