    SubjectRe: [linux-usb-devel] OHCI problems with suspend/resume
    Hi!

    > >In 2.6.0-test1, OHCI is non-functional after first suspend/resume, and
    > >kills machine during secon suspend/resume cycle.
    >
    > Hmm, last time I tested suspend/resume it worked fine.
    > That was 2.5.67, but the OHCI code hasn't had any
    > relevant changes since then.

    > Evidently your system used different suspend/resume paths
    > than mine did ... :)

    Can you try echo 4 > /proc/acpi/sleep? echo 3 breaks it, too, but that
    is little harder to set up.

    > >What happens is that ohci_irq gets ohci->hcca == NULL, and kills
    > >machine. Why is ohci->hcca == NULL? ohci_stop was called from
    > >hcd_panic() and freed ohci->hcca.
    >
    > Then the problem is that an IRQ is still coming in after the
    > HCD panicked.

    Actually, as PCI interrupts are shared, I do not find that too
    surprising.

    > >I believe that we should
    > >
    > >1) not free ohci->hcca so that system has better chance surviving
    > >hcd_panic()
    >
    > Not ever????
    >
    > It's freed in exactly one place, after everything should be
    > shut down. If it wasn't shut down, that was the problem.
    >
    > Could you instead figure out why it wasn't shut down?

    In case of hcd_panic(), where is interrupt deallocated?

    > >and
    > >
    > >2) inform user when hcd panics.
    >
    > The OHCI code does that already on the normal panic path
    > (controller delivers a Unrecoverable Error interrupt), but
    > you're right that this would be better as a generic KERN_CRIT
    > diagnostic. (But one saying which HCD panicked, rather than
    > leaving folk to guess which of the N it applied to...) And
    > I'd print that message sooner, not waiting for that task to
    > be scheduled.

    That would be good. I definitely had another failure path, where it
    did not tell me that hcd is no K.O...

    Pavel
    [Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]