    SubjectRe: Posting format
    > At home, I'm on a 56k dialup, and getting the days worth of lkml
    > messages takes a while.

    If you're collecting mail via POP, try switching to a protocol like a
    streamed SMTP push, if your ISP supports it - collecting a lot of
    small mails, which is usually what this list is, using POP generally
    won't use anywhere near the full capacity of the link, because there
    is so much protocol overhead. Over a satellite link, it's even worse,
    because of the high latency.

    > Cutting down on unnecessary verbage which can easily be retrieved if
    > needed is definitely appreciated.

    Can we all, please, at least do things like not repeatedly quoting the
    list's four-line signature, and not quoting things like .config files?
    There surely can't be any disagreements about that :-).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.017 / U:43.668 seconds]