    SubjectRe: SCO offers UnixWare licenses for Linux
    Larry McVoy wrote:

    >>At least in the United States, you are not going to get away with
    >>claiming there is some stolen code that caused damages.

    >>Instead, to prevent this kind of "legal theft", the only thing a person
    >>found in possession of "stolen" property needs to do is to return it,
    >>unless there is evidence that the possessor actually stole the property
    >>in question.
    >>

    >Yeah, right.
    >
    > ``I "found" these 3GB of mp3's of music and I had no idea that
    > they were stolen but now that you mention it, here they are back.
    > Finders keepers, right?''
    >
    >What were you thinking? That's obviously incorrect, I know that it is
    >incorrect from both observation of recent court cases as well as direct
    >personal experience.

    A more reasonable analogy is that you download a bunch of free programs
    while one of them has some copy-righted music in it for sound effects.
    Surely you'd have the ability to remove this once you found out without
    penalty?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.023 / U:0.204 seconds]