SubjectRe: sparc scsi esp depends on pci & hangs on boot
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 07:07:39 +0100
Christoph Hellwig <hch@infradead.org> wrote:

> Sparc unfortunately defines the new DMA API in terms of the PCI DMA API
> which gets you this mess.

Sparc did not do this, the person coding up the new DMA API
decided it was a good idea to implement the generic version
this way. :-)

I think it's rediculious that I have to implement the whole
new DMA API abstraction thing just to get rid of this PCI
dependency.

Why don't we put the enum dma_direction somewhere else? Some
linux/foo.h header that doesn't require asm/dma*.h

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans