    SubjectRe: keep the linux logo displayed

    > Hi !
    >
    > I wondered if anyone knows about a 2 lines patch, to keep the linux logo
    > always displayed in a 2.5.x / 2.6.x kernel ??
    > I've tried to patch a few lines in fbcon.c, without success :-(

    That wouldn't be easy to do. In struct vc_data (data about VC tty device)
    you have vc_top and vc_bottom. Normally vc_top is 0 and vc_bottom is that
    last row on your screen. For the logo we move vc_top down a little bit.
    The problem is after we start minigetty on the various /dev/ttyX as soon
    as you VC switch you reintialize the screen to the standard behavior of
    vc_top = 0 and vc_bottom is the last row. It would take hacks to the upper
    console layer to do that.
    You can write a userland app to do this. There are esc sequence
    that change vc_top. You could even alter minigetty if you want.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.019 / U:2.308 seconds]