    SubjectRe: [BUG] 2.6.0-test1 JAP_86 disappeared from atkbd.c

    AB> Ha - really long ago I wrote that..

    AB> Yes, for 2.5 things are much more involved, but I suppose that
    AB> all will be well if you add the line

    AB> keycode 183 = backslash bar

    AB> to your keymap.

    Thanks, it really was a long ago. With the above included in
    drivers/char/ and regenerating defkeymap.c_shipped
    with loadkeys (kbd-1.08 recompiled with include/linux/keyboard.h
    that comes with 2.6 kernel), things started work again.

    Is there a reason not to include the above "keycode 183" line in
    the shipped source (both and defkeymap.c_shipped)?

    The 2.6 kernel without it can be seem as a feature degradation
    from 2.4 for 86/106 keyboard users, and I would like to know if
    there is a case where having that line hurts. Is "keycode 183"
    generated for completely different characters on other national
    keyboards, and having that line is a feature degradation for
    users of such keyboards? I have access to only 101, 86, and 106
    keyboards so I cannot test this myself. Or maybe there are
    other reasons to leave the default keymap as minimal as it
    currently is in 2.6 tree?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.027 / U:31.172 seconds]