SubjectRe: Bitkeeper
On Sat, 2003-07-19 11:49:44 -0700, Larry McVoy <lm@bitmover.com>
wrote in message <20030719184944.GC24197@work.bitmover.com>:
> On Sat, Jul 19, 2003 at 08:42:46PM +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> > Have you ever used eg. cvsps with the BK->CVS gateway? I tried this and
> > failed because of 4 issues:
> >
> > - I couldn't get the initial import patchset (2)
> > - I couldn't get two other patchsets
> > - One patchset added a file which already existed (11504)
>
> Work with Ben Collins on that. I don't know what cvsps is so I can't
> help you there. If you can figure out what is wrong with the tree and
> explain what we should do to fix it, we'll give it a tree.

Thanks fot hint'n'offer!

Basically, cvsps sucks off the rlog messages and compares any check-in
texts / times of any files to find out what has been checked-in with a
single check-in. That is then called a patchset (cvs_ps_). With some
command line arguments, it'll then output the check-in text as well as a
unified diff.

This information can then be used to feed it to other SCMs or for simple
review tasks. While doing consistency checks, I discivered the mentioned
inconsistency (at patchset 11504 IIRC) as well as some minor glitches (I
had one patchset where the check-in comment changed after I re-fetched
the patchset some days later...).

However, I'm working at spare time on it, so it'll take some time:(

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@lug-owl.de . +49-172-7608481
"Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:1.502 / U:0.072 seconds]