SubjectRe: BK Licence: Protocols and Research
> * Sean Neakums <sneakums@zork.net> [030717 13:12]:
> > [snip]
> >
> > I suggest you hire an attorney.
>
> That costs lotsa money. Money I can't really afford to pay.
>

> * Jens Axboe <axboe@suse.de> [030717 13:32]:
> > Then keep it away from lkml? Why does everybody think that BK
> > discussions belong here?! News flash: they don't!
> >
> I detect a note of anger in that post. Anger leads to hate, and hate
> leads to the dark side. We'd hate to see linux developers lost to the
> dark side. Besides I'm usually fairly sceptical about what I hear on the
> news.
>
> * Alan Cox:
> > > Would previous activity in the area of developing a product which
> > > contains substantially similary features to Bitkeeper preclude users
> > > from
> > > using the Free Bitkeeper software?
>
> > Hire a lawyer or talk to the company selling it. This list is definitely
> > the wrong place to ask about it.
>
> -> Hire a lawyer:
> See reply to Sean Neakums above.
>
> -> Talk to Company selling it:
> Reply would almost certainly be extremely biased.
>
> -> Wrong Place:
> Okay maybe for that small part of the message, but that small
> part was added for, and only for completeness, but I thought I
> dealt with the possibility of this being the wrong place at the
> end of my last post. Having that said thanks to you, and Sean
> for being polite in your reply.
>
> Talking about this to the company selling bitkeeper would almost
> certainly yield biased feedback, and here is where many people
> have cross-examined the licence from top to bottom, and who've
> investigated every little nook and crannie of the Licence(and please
> don't bother telling me you aren't lawyers).

1. Flamewars about BitKeeper tend to generate a lot of traffic.

2. vger.kernel.org has run out of /var/tmp space twice recently, which
has caused list traffic to get lost.

_Please_ take this off LKML.

John.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.023 / U:0.112 seconds]