    SubjectRe: PS2 mouse going nuts during cdparanoia session.
    Jens Axboe wrote:

    >On Wed, Jul 16 2003, Dave Jones wrote:
    >>Lost sync here. Mouse dancing. vmstat output stopped for a few seconds.
    >Doesn't look really bogged down by interrupt load, still half idle. So
    >that looks like a PS2 bug. Unless the irq latencies are really bad,

    FWIW, this also affects PPP over an async serial line (in my case to a
    56Kb modem). During cdparanoia runs, the modem Tx/Rx lights all but
    stop as the missed packets drop retransmissions into the minute+
    timeframe. (Oddly, I don't recall seeing framing errors from ifconfig;
    must be the lower level ppp substrate or some such...)
    I can confirm this with 2.4.20, am mostly certain it affects 2.4.21
    (will have to retest to be sure). Similarly to Dave, I'm using an
    IDE/ATAPI burner with both DMA and UNMASKIRQ enabled.