    SubjectRe: [Swsusp-devel] Re: Thoughts wanted on merging Software Suspend enhancements
    Hi!

    > > > So what? He can press ctrl-alt-del or whatever if he has access to the
    > > > keyboard anyway. Nevertheless I don't see any way to cause harm by
    > > > cancelling a sw-suspend other than if a server was shutting down due to
    > > > the UPS batteries being empty. And in that case the machine will be in a
    > > > locked room anyway.
    > >
    > > ctrl-alt-del maps to "echo you lost" on many machines. It just signals
    > > init, does nothing more.
    > >
    > > That UPS is bad enough... It should be okay to have server locked but
    > > have its keyboard/monitor publicly available.
    >
    > I'm very much sure this feature (having a server locked, while
    > keyboard/screen is accessible) is much LESS useful than being able to
    > stop an suspend in progress. That's if the suspend isn't lightning fast,
    > of course, which is is not.
    >
    > Unfortunately, while you can route the start-suspend command through
    > userspace (init, whatever) like the reboot command is, but I fear when
    > the suspend is in progress, it's not possible to talk to userspace
    > anymore ...

    No, userspace is frozen at that point.

    ... and so I believe right thing is to
    make magic sysrq combination for aborting suspend...

    --
    Pavel
    Written on sharp zaurus, because my Velo1 broke. If you have Velo you don't need...