    SubjectRe: mis-identified cisco aironet pccard (and Re: hang with pcmcia wlan card)
    On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 02:52, Russell King wrote:
    > On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 09:48:52AM -0700, Jean Tourrilhes wrote:
    > > On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 10:57:58PM +1000, Sven Dowideit wrote:
    > > > Hi,
    > > > i just noticed with 2.5.75 that if I boot with the cisco airo 340 wifi
    > > > card in, this kernel thinks it is a memory card. when i remove it and
    > > > re-insert it after boot, it then works .... see the following log :) I
    > > > am running debian unstable, on an ibm t21 pIII-850 notebook
    > > >
    > > > the cisco card works at boot time using 2.5.70.
    > > >
    > > > as for the two patches for the pcmcia hang, this time i am running the
    > > > one Russell posted, but the result is the same for the other.
    > > >
    > > > as i shutdown i get a number of kernel stack dumps related to airo_stat,
    > > > but the machine reboots before i can do anything about them..(what do i
    > > > need to log them?)
    > > >
    > > > if i replace the cisco card with a dlink orinoco card, it get recognised
    > > > correctly at boot.
    > > >
    > > > to make this story more interesting, i put the thinkpad into the docking
    > > > station and the cisco card into the dock's pccard (something that has
    > > > locked up 2.5 every time that i tried it), and the card is recogised
    > > > correctly at boot, and runs fine (there was a kernel stack dump during
    > > > boot - *what do i need to do to get them logged?*)
    > > >
    > > > thanks for the great work!
    > > >
    > > > sven
    > >
    > > I've seen this bug come and go in the 2.5.X serie. I believe
    > > this is because of the various work happening in the Pcmcia
    > > layer. Please contact Dominik Brodowski <linux@brodo.de>.
    >
    > I think this may be my fault, but I haven't head a clear bug report for
    > it yet; I've only seen vague references to something going wrong with
    > aero cards on lkml yesterday, referring to what seemed to be a non-
    > existent thread.

    okely, for me it happened for the first time between 2.5.70 and
    2.6-test1. and now its every time :) what can i send you that will help,
    or, what do i need to figure it out.

    cheers

    sven

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.030 / U:60.176 seconds]