    SubjectRe: Alan Shih: "TCP IP Offloading Interface"
    On Maw, 2003-07-15 at 00:26, David griego wrote:
    > >Are these common cases to be optimized for latency or throughput?
    > I would personaly see the common case optimized for throughput on large
    > packets, and allow the smaller packets to be processed by the OS.

    Its very very application dependant. Latency is critical to a good file
    server, although storage people often like to handwave those numbers
    away (not all of them thankfully)

    Cluster people want low latency at all times, and latency is the one
    thing that is almost impossible to recover once you lose time to it

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.018 / U:12.840 seconds]