SubjectRe: [Swsusp-devel] Re: Thoughts wanted on merging Software Suspend enhancements
On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 10:18:04PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > > Having listened to the arguments, I'll make pressing Escape to cancel
> > > the suspend a feature which defaults to being disabled and can be
> > > enabled via a proc entry in 2.4. I won't add code to poll for ACPI (or
> > > APM) events :>
> >
> > I'd suggest making it a mappable function in the keymap, like reboot is
> > for example. Both for initiating and stopping the suspend. How about
> > that?
>
> Any user can load his own keymap, I believe... And I do not like
> having special /proc options for esc key...

So what? He can press ctrl-alt-del or whatever if he has access to the
keyboard anyway. Nevertheless I don't see any way to cause harm by
cancelling a sw-suspend other than if a server was shutting down due to
the UPS batteries being empty. And in that case the machine will be in a
locked room anyway.

--
Vojtech Pavlik
SuSE Labs, SuSE CR