    SubjectRe: [Swsusp-devel] Re: Thoughts wanted on merging Software Suspend enhancements
    On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 10:18:04PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > > > Having listened to the arguments, I'll make pressing Escape to cancel
    > > > the suspend a feature which defaults to being disabled and can be
    > > > enabled via a proc entry in 2.4. I won't add code to poll for ACPI (or
    > > > APM) events :>
    > >
    > > I'd suggest making it a mappable function in the keymap, like reboot is
    > > for example. Both for initiating and stopping the suspend. How about
    > > that?
    >
    > Any user can load his own keymap, I believe... And I do not like
    > having special /proc options for esc key...

    So what? He can press ctrl-alt-del or whatever if he has access to the
    keyboard anyway. Nevertheless I don't see any way to cause harm by
    cancelling a sw-suspend other than if a server was shutting down due to
    the UPS batteries being empty. And in that case the machine will be in a
    locked room anyway.

    --
    Vojtech Pavlik
    SuSE Labs, SuSE CR