    SubjectRe: [Swsusp-devel] Re: Thoughts wanted on merging Software Suspend enhancements
    Pavel> Hi!
    >> Having listened to the arguments, I'll make pressing Escape to
    >> cancel the suspend a feature which defaults to being disabled and
    >> can be enabled via a proc entry in 2.4. I won't add code to poll for
    >> ACPI (or APM) events :>

    Pavel> At least no new proc entry, please. Make it depend on
    Pavel> sysrq_enabled and disable it completely if sysrq support is not
    Pavel> compiled in.

    Pavel, I disagree. This is important functionality. I *do* want to abort
    suspends by pressing 'Esc'.

    I do not believe that hiding this gives you any extra security, and I do
    not believe that having it in is any kind of a problem. None of your
    arguments against it convinced me.

    Please do not try to hide it and obscure it any more than it already is
    (Nigel has made this default to off for some reason).

    --J.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:4.429 / U:0.204 seconds]