    SubjectRe: mis-identified cisco aironet pccard (and Re: hang with pcmcia wlan card)
    From
    On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 10:57:58PM +1000, Sven Dowideit wrote:
    > Hi,
    > i just noticed with 2.5.75 that if I boot with the cisco airo 340 wifi
    > card in, this kernel thinks it is a memory card. when i remove it and
    > re-insert it after boot, it then works .... see the following log :) I
    > am running debian unstable, on an ibm t21 pIII-850 notebook
    >
    > the cisco card works at boot time using 2.5.70.
    >
    > as for the two patches for the pcmcia hang, this time i am running the
    > one Russell posted, but the result is the same for the other.
    >
    > as i shutdown i get a number of kernel stack dumps related to airo_stat,
    > but the machine reboots before i can do anything about them..(what do i
    > need to log them?)
    >
    > if i replace the cisco card with a dlink orinoco card, it get recognised
    > correctly at boot.
    >
    > to make this story more interesting, i put the thinkpad into the docking
    > station and the cisco card into the dock's pccard (something that has
    > locked up 2.5 every time that i tried it), and the card is recogised
    > correctly at boot, and runs fine (there was a kernel stack dump during
    > boot - *what do i need to do to get them logged?*)
    >
    > thanks for the great work!
    >
    > sven

    I've seen this bug come and go in the 2.5.X serie. I believe
    this is because of the various work happening in the Pcmcia
    layer. Please contact Dominik Brodowski <linux@brodo.de>.
    Good luck...

    Jean

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.023 / U:0.484 seconds]