    SubjectCould not open debufiles.list on Redhat 9 kernel compile
    Date
    I've seen quite a few references to this with google, I haven't seen a
    solution. The problem is making a stock kernel with 'make rpm' on a
    redhat 9 system. Redhat has done something to rpm with version 9 that
    is causing it to create a debug package for every package you make.
    Unfortunately whatever it's doing is busted for stock kernels.

    I've been unable to find a way to turn off this generation. There is
    a variable %_enable_debug_packages 1 in the redhat macros, I've turned
    it off, but that hasn't helped.

    So, how do I disable this 'feature'? Does anyone know?

    Jay

    --
    * Jay Denebeim Moderator rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated *
    * newsgroup submission address: b5mod@deepthot.org *