    SubjectUSB-UHCI Fatal Error for all 2.5 kernels and 2.5.75 in RedHat v9.0 (fwd)

    ----------Forwarded message ----------
    To: Greg KH <>
    Subject: Re: USB-UHCI Fatal Error for all 2.5 kernels and 2.5.75 in RedHat
    Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 00:01:30 -0600

    Greg KH writes:

    > On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 07:29:47PM -0600, wrote:
    >> For soem reason right after the boot of the 2.5 kernels right when the INIT
    >> starts the USB-UHCI fails for the HID devices.
    > Exactly what error are you getting in the kernel log?
    > greg k-h

    Could not find a Log specific for the INIT:

    Looked in /var/log

    I just carefully read the error and now figured out why its FATAL.

    It cannot find the usb-uhci.o module

    I looked in /lib/modules/kernel/drivers/usb and it is no where to be found.

    It is configured in the kernel I checked and double checked.

    I tried it as module and as monolithic and either way I get "FATAL" during
    the INIT: part of the bootup for usb.

    Why isn't the kernel source package configuring the usb-uhci module

    This is for all the kernels I have tested from 2.5.72 and up to 2.5.75.

    I figured out why I am getting the error with "devpts". It is not supported
    in the 2.5 kernel's or I just cannot find it.

    the UNIX TY98 /dev/pts. I found it for the 2.4 kernels but not for the 2.5
    so that explains why I am getting the error mounting fs for pts.

    The Penguin logo is broken again for 2.5.75. It was working for 2.5.74-mm2
    and mm3.

    As a matter of fact mm2 fixed the vesa issue and it was at that point I was
    able to get the penguin logo again, but stooped for 2.5.75.

    Weird how things get fixed then other things that worked get broken.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.021 / U:0.068 seconds]