SubjectRe: HELP!! REDHAT QUESTION
joe briggs wrote:

>Please help. I have a redhat 7.3 computer accross the country that was
>installed using the WORKSTATION option. I desperately need to telnet into
>it, but with the new xinetd.d stuff, don't know how. Can ANYBODY tell me how
>to get the telnet deamon running on this box so that I can remotely log in?

First of all, if it was installed using the
workstation option, there is no remote
access, period.

That's why I always do a custom install.

If after the fact the appropriate daemons
are installed, be advised that telnet is an
incredibly poor choice, since you type
your password in the clear, and all traffic
to and from the remote host is in the clear,
begging to be snooped.

Please don't enable telnet, but use secure
shell for remote access - ssh clients are
easily and freely available, even for the
win doze pee cee platform (google for
putty.exe) -

Joe

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.042 / U:0.056 seconds]