Subjectpartitioning problem

Hi
This is NOT really a kernel problem but you guys might understand it
better.

I'm installing Redhat 9 on my pc which has a Seagate(ST340016) hard
drive(30G).The machine is currently running Win2K and had two
partitions C and D (before repartitioning).The D drive is a logical
one and it's the one I split into two and made space for Linux.During
the installation I allocated space for the swap and the rest of the
required stuff(/boot, / , /usr etc) .I made it through to selecting
the packages I want installed and just after that , when Anaconda
tries to initialize the swap space , I get an error message saying
"Attempt to read sector 0-7 outside of partition on /dev/hda".
Now /dev/hda is actually the Win2K partition.It also says something
to the effect that there is a problem reading the partition table.I
clicked on "Ignore" (on the pop up) and I get another message
telling me that the problem is a serious one and installation cannot
continue.
Whats happening ?

JeffM

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:1.083 / U:0.008 seconds]