SubjectRe: [BUG]: problem when shutting down ppp connection since 2.5.70
Paul Mackerras wrote:

> Is this the user-mode pppoe or the in-kernel pppoe? IOW, are you
> using the pppoe channel type, or do you have the usermode program that
> runs pppd behind a pty?

I believe its the Roaring Penguin usermode one. I'm fairly sure PPPOE
isn't enabled in the kernel. I'm at work now, so it'll have to wait
till this evening to make sure.

> And, do you have any TCP connections open over the link when you take
> it down?

On at least some of the occasions there should have been no connections
open as the machine had just booted and the first thing I did after X
came up was to shutdown adsl.

> What version of pppd is it?

Not sure--will check later. Pretty sure its Mandrake 9 default.

> Has anyone been able to replicate this without using pppoe? The type
> of channel shouldn't make any difference, but I just tried ppp over a
> pty and it worked fine (except that Deflate is broken, but that's
> another problem).

Note that I can only reliably reproduce it if the dsl connection is
brought up at init time. If I don't bring it up automatically at init
but manually bring it up later, the problem doesn't seem to occur.

Chris

--
Chris Friesen | MailStop: 043/33/F10
Nortel Networks | work: (613) 765-0557