    SubjectRe: Question about style when converting from K&R to ANSI C.
    On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 01:18:43PM +0000, Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:
    > <sarcasm>
    > Bah, all this newfangled crap like ctags. We've used grep for 30 years
    > and there is no reason to change this now.
    > </sarcasm>
    > Dave, the arguments some people bring to simply cling to their
    > formatting reminds me of the arguments that the church had in the 14th
    > century to still prove that the sun revolves around the earth. Simply
    > ignore them. I'm grateful that there are programming environments
    > beyond vi. [1] :-)
    > Regards
    > Henning
    > [1] emacs

    Spraying garbage all over source code destroys editor agnosticism, even
    if some editor exists that can hide all the crap like trailing
    whitespace, spaces where tabs belong, and screwed-up indentation. Use
    emacs all you want. Don't force others to use some particular editor by
    spewing garbage all over the kernel source that requires some special
    editor to hide.

    -- wli

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.019 / U:154.384 seconds]