SubjectRe: EM840x REALmagic DVD/MPEG-2 Audio/Video Decoder
Måns Rullgård wrote:
> The following message is a courtesy copy of an article
> that has been posted to gmane.linux.kernel as well.
>> I'm working on EM840x REALmagic DVD/MPEG-2 Audio/Video Decoder, There
>>is only official binary driver on Sigma designs website. Is there any
>>open source driver or non-official driver ?
>
> Sigma designs are known to not cooperate very well with open source
> projects. Actually, it's quite the contrary. Some time ago they
> released the XVID mpeg4 codec as their own, without source code.
>
> I have heard of people trying to get documentation from them, but I
> don't think anyone ever succeeded.

Somebody put the datasheet and drivers on his web site.
http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~laird/Linux/iDVD3036/cdrom/Drivers/MPEG2-Em8400/
http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~laird/Linux/iDVD3036/cdrom/Document/MPEG2-Em8400/
--
-Rex, geek by nature linux by choice