    SubjectRe: EM840x REALmagic DVD/MPEG-2 Audio/Video Decoder
    Måns Rullgård wrote:
    > The following message is a courtesy copy of an article
    > that has been posted to gmane.linux.kernel as well.
    >> I'm working on EM840x REALmagic DVD/MPEG-2 Audio/Video Decoder, There
    >>is only official binary driver on Sigma designs website. Is there any
    >>open source driver or non-official driver ?
    >
    > Sigma designs are known to not cooperate very well with open source
    > projects. Actually, it's quite the contrary. Some time ago they
    > released the XVID mpeg4 codec as their own, without source code.
    >
    > I have heard of people trying to get documentation from them, but I
    > don't think anyone ever succeeded.

    Somebody put the datasheet and drivers on his web site.
    http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~laird/Linux/iDVD3036/cdrom/Drivers/MPEG2-Em8400/
    http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~laird/Linux/iDVD3036/cdrom/Document/MPEG2-Em8400/
    --
    -Rex, geek by nature linux by choice