    SubjectRe: File System conversion -- ideas
    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 15:45:41 -0400
    rmoser <> wrote:

    > no, in-kernel conversion between everything. You don't think it can be done?
    > It's not that difficult a problem to manage data like that :D

    personally, whan i want to change the filesystem of my data (not very often
    though, 2 or 3 times in my life, and that was because i was bored), i just do
    a new particion with the filesystem i want, mount it, and cp -a everything I
    want (or tar it, or use whatever backup/script software you want). Thats the
    way of doing things, IMHO. Appart that you can convert all your data to
    another filesystem, it gives you flexibility, which I wouldn't get in the

    And many people are you expecting to change from one filesystem
    to another in the real world?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.018 / U:11.508 seconds]