SubjectRe: File System conversion -- ideas
On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 15:45:41 -0400
rmoser <> wrote:

> no, in-kernel conversion between everything. You don't think it can be done?
> It's not that difficult a problem to manage data like that :D

personally, whan i want to change the filesystem of my data (not very often
though, 2 or 3 times in my life, and that was because i was bored), i just do
a new particion with the filesystem i want, mount it, and cp -a everything I
want (or tar it, or use whatever backup/script software you want). Thats the
way of doing things, IMHO. Appart that you can convert all your data to
another filesystem, it gives you flexibility, which I wouldn't get in the

And many people are you expecting to change from one filesystem
to another in the real world?