       From: Davide Libenzi <>
    Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:02:00 -0700 (PDT)

    David, your method is the dream of every software developer.

    It is not a dream, it works perfectly fine and has done so
    for 5+ years of Linux maintainence.

    To make these things scale you MUST push the work out to other people,
    you absolutely cannot centralize. And here we're pushing it out to
    the bug reporters, just like we push the work of patch maintainence to
    the patch submitters.

    If they don't care about the bug and won't retransmit when their
    stuff isn't being looked at, their bug isn't worth being looked

    I know that's a hard pill to swallow, but over years of work I can
    tell you this is the only scalable mechanism. Nobody likes this
    because it's not tracked somewhere and they can't show some pretty
    list of bugs to their management at the end of each week, TOO FUCKING
    BAD. Pay someone to work on your bugs if you want a pretty list and
    people being REQUIRED to look at and fix bugs. None of this crap is
    my problem.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.020 / U:5.900 seconds]