    SubjectRe: Undo aic7xxx changes (now rc7+aic20030603)
    On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:30:22 -0400
    "John Stoffel" <> wrote:

    > Stephan> I have tried that already but never managed to get
    > Stephan> verification errors on tar archives written to disk. Maybe I
    > Stephan> try again some more...
    > I've been trying to get tar errors myself, while writing a 35gb
    > filesystem to a DLT7000. I'm now running 2.4.21-pre5-ac1 and I
    > haven't seen any errors. Yet. I'm using the 6.2.8 version of the
    > driver as well. The filesystem is just a copy of my home directory
    > and some MP3s and other random files and such. Lots of text and jpegf
    > files, along with some other stuff.
    > Maybe I need to try and generate 15-18 files 2gb+ each and dump them
    > to tape with tar and see how that's handled, and if we get erorrs.
    > Stephan, can you double check your version info as well? And it would
    > be great to get some info on your 3ware setup as well, just so we can
    > work on narrowing down the issues.

    Hm, I guess you mean kernel version? I am experiencing this problem since about
    21-rcX versions, currently running 22-pre1.
    The 3ware setup is pretty straight forward a RAID5 with 3 160 GB disks and no
    I would not deny nfs to interact with this problem. Can you try to move your
    backup'ed data from somewhere via nfs to your tar'ing box?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.029 / U:3.044 seconds]