    SubjectRe: [OT] Re: Troll Tech [was Re: Sco vs. IBM]
    On Wed, 2003-06-25 at 04:49, Larry McVoy wrote:
    > On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 08:22:13PM -0700, Robert White wrote:
    > > [I don't have employees and I haven't created a sustainable business]
    > >
    > > -- I also know a flawed business model when I see one.
    >
    > Hmm. With all due respect, I think that arguing business with someone
    > who has yet to be sucessful at it is not likely to help me or help the
    > open source world.

    You are still making the fundamentally flawed assumption that there
    _has_ to be a business model in it by which you or I can make money.

    People are observing the way the world seems to be going; you seem to
    simply repeat ad infinitum "That can't be true because that way I can't
    see how to make money out of it".

    You had a brief moment of coherency when you asserted that the
    prevalence of Free Software would see innovation grind to a halt since
    there would be insufficient motivation to fund large-scale projects, and
    hence proprietary software would prevail. I didn't _believe_ you when
    you said that, but at least I could understand what you were trying to
    say.

    --
    dwmw2