SubjectTomorrows topic is the K42 Operating System Research Project

This will be presented by Orran Krieger Wednesday June 18.
I will not be able to attend however Matt Dobson (colpatch@us.ibm.com)
will be the moderator for the Call. Thanks Matt and Orran!

Members of Orran's team will also be on the #lse channel
on irc.oftc.net and will be available during the call
to answer questions. Please join us there as well.

Presentation available at:

http://www.research.ibm.com/K42/#presentations

Overview:

K42 is a operating-system research project (available under LGPL)
focused in large part on scalability in the implementation of core
OS services. We will give a brief overview of the project, discuss
some of the recent performance results running 64-bit PPC Linux binaries
and discuss the major ways that our implementation of Linux services
depart from the norm (hopefully making sure to bring up all the truly
offensive and contentious ways). We will leave most of the time for
questions and discussion.

More info:

http://www.research.ibm.com/K42/