SubjectRe: irq consolidation
From
On 163, 06 12, 2003 at 09:34:06PM +1000, Anton Blanchard wrote:

> > I believe Andrey's IRQ consolidation provides a single flat IRQ
> > structure. Unfortunately, this doesn't reflect the reality that we
> > have on many ARM platforms - it remains the case that we need to
> > decode IRQs on a multi-level basis.
>
> Yes its still a flat structure. On ppc32/64 we offset the interrupts on
> the main controller to provide a space for ISA interrupts to go. Not
> great but it works for us.

May be I missed the point, but it isn't flat.

You can define HAVE_ARCH_IRQ_DESC and provide your own irq_desc(irq)
function which will translate irq number to the corresponding
irq_desc_t structure. You are free to implement any irq mappings
behind the irq_desc(). NR_IRQS is used only as maximal irq number.
So what is the problem ?

--
Andrey Panin | Linux and UNIX system administrator
pazke@donpac.ru | PGP key: wwwkeys.pgp.net

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.847 / U:0.076 seconds]