SubjectRe: [Linux-fbdev-devel] [BUG] 2.5.71: no cursor until tty output

> There appears to be a bug in fbcon where the soft cursor does not appear
> on the screen until some tty output occurs. I suspect soft cursor is
> missing some initialisation somewhere; I have once seen some random garbage
> flashing on the screen instead of the cursor, which seems to be where
> the cursor is supposed to be.
>
> When tty output occurs, the characters appear where the garbage was, and
> the normal cursor appears.
>
> I've noticed this on several fbcon drivers, so I don't believe it is a
> generic fbcon bug.

I know which bug you are talking about. I have a fix already in the BK
tree. Softcursor.c uses the image drawing function. Unfortunely
softcursor.c assumes that imageblit always process 8 bit padded data. This
is not always the case. I noticed this with the rivafb driver. I have a
fix in the fbdev BK tree. A few more bugs need to be fixed tho for the
software cursor :-( They are coming.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.044 / U:0.364 seconds]