SubjectRe: Null Pointer Error
Date
Hi Sumit,

A few days ago a similar question arrived to this list (as usual, this is a
frequently asked question), and Richard B. Johnson replyied with a very good
explanation of why operations such as these should be done in userland
instead.
You can read it here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=105551176615876&w=2

Regards,