    SubjectSH Port - Makefile
    Hi Lethal.

    Browsing the changes for SH - which mostly look really good - a few
    questions popped up:

    From arch/sh/Makefile:
    # We don't necessarily agree with the top-level Makefile with regards to what
    # does and does not qualify as a noconfig_targets rule. In this case, we're
    # still dependant on .config settings in order for core-y (machdir-y in
    # particular) to resolve the proper directory. So we just manually include it
    # if it hasn't been already..
    #
    ifndef include_config
    -include .config
    endif

    Could you elaborate a bit more about this.
    I cannot see why core-y is really needed for any noconfig_targets.
    Note that "make clean" do not need to descend in all directories to
    delete .o files, a find is used for that.

    target_links
    Will it be possible for SH to implement the scheme used for i386 instead.
    We have one symlink today, and I like to keep it down on that level.

    arch/sh/tools
    Something not yet merged?

    BOOTIMAGE
    No need to define a variable and then only use it once.

    Sam

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.026 / U:94.272 seconds]