    SubjectRe: is Ruby dead ? lkml: Real multi-user linux
    Quoting James Simmons <>:

    > > I was wonderin what does this post by James Simmons means.
    > >
    > > James did you abondon ruby in order to bring something comersial ?
    > > there are no changes in ruby for a more then 4 monts,
    > > and ruby is hardly useable/ compilable, and you are talking about
    > > a production status?
    > The 2.5.X version is broken. Instead I have beening working on making
    > the fbdev layer stable. The api I developed while working on ruby. The
    > 2.4.X version is quite stable. Alot of the framebuffer drivers could be
    > dropped onto the 2.4.X ruby kernel and it would work. We do have a few
    > changes in the framebuffer api that happened but that wouldn't take much
    > to port to ruby 2.4.X.

    ruby 2.4.X ?
    does it exist?
    there is nothing about ruby-2.4 on the linuxconsole web site, mailing list.
    are there sources available anywhere?
    does framebuffer console work in ruby-2.4

    > > did i misunderstood something, or you have droped ruby for something
    > comersial?
    > No. I'm still working on ruby. All my 2.5.X is geared toward ruby.

    where can one get your latest work?
    linuxconsole's cvs and bitkeeper have no changes since more then 4 months,
    there where no diffs posted to the mailing list too.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.020 / U:4.476 seconds]