    SubjectRe: pci_domain_nr vs. /sys/devices
    On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 16:48, Matthew Wilcox wrote:

    > I don't think sysfs works like that (please correct me if I've
    > misunderstood, mochel..)

    Looks like nobody really understands it then ;)

    > Look in /sys/bus/pci/devices/ There you have all the PCI devices
    > lumped together in one place, and we obviously need the domain number
    > in the name. I don't know where the 0 on the end of /sys/devices/pci0/
    > comes from, but if we could, I wouldn't say no to:

    Nah, you are mixing up /sys/bus/* which is a flat list of busses in the
    machine, with /sys/devices/* which is the hierarchical device tree.

    > I don't think the extra level of hierarchy in your suggestion is necessary
    > or particularly desirable.

    It's probably not, then it's a matter of properly renaming the pciN entries
    in /sys/devices to be /sys/devices/pciDD:NN where DD is the domain number
    and NN is the first bus on this domain, or just pciDD (though I like having
    the bus number there as well)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.030 / U:1.940 seconds]