SubjectRe: oprofile broken by sysfs updates

> I only tried reading the diffs, but:

Then maybe you should

a) Read the entire initial thread (which you participated in), esp this
message:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=105518049424749&w=2

b) Read the comments in the code (from drivers/base/sys.c):

/**
* sysdev_shutdown - Shut down all system devices.
*
* Loop over each class of system devices, and the devices in each
* of those classes. For each device, we call the shutdown method for
* each driver registered for the device - the globals, the auxillaries,
* and the class driver.
*
* Note: The list is iterated in reverse order, so that we shut down
* child devices before we shut down thier parents. The list ordering
* is guaranteed by virtue of the fact that child devices are registered
* after their parents.
*/

c) Try using the code and stop being a troll.

Thanks,

-pat

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.024 / U:0.528 seconds]