SubjectRe: 2.4.22 timeline was RE: 2.4.21-rc7 ACPI broken
On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 01:40:54AM +0200, Eric Valette wrote:
> I would personnally suggest that you classify the things using the
> following filter :
> a) Server (SMP, SCSI, RAID, journaling filesystems, ...),
> b) laptop (ACPI, CPUFREQ, Software suspend, IDE power save,...),
> c) desktop (File system efficiency, new hardware support,...),
> d) all systems

Why are journaling filesystems only for servers?
Is file system efficiency not relevant on servers?

The important sections are more likely (ordered by priority):
- bug fixes (e.g. aic7xxx)
- support for additional hardware (e.g. ACPI update)
- new features (e.g. XFS)

These groups are not mutual exclusive, e.g. the ACPI update also
includes new features.

The important thing is that this is inside a stable kernel series and an
update that makes things better for 100 people but makes things worse
for one person is IMHO bad since it's a regression for one person.

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed