    SubjectProblem while including a module to kernel
    I am in deep trouble to include a module to kernel.

    I am getting the following warnings, errors and hints
    while compiling(via makefile) and including the
    module(via insmod) to kernel. I am including the log
    below for easy reference. Please help me.
    root@(none):/home/chois/rfs_modules/fdisk# make
    gcc -Wall -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -DLINUX -c
    rfs_fdisk_module.c: In function `rfs_fdisk_module':
    rfs_fdisk_module.c:374: warning: implicit declaration
    of function `ioctl'
    rfs_fdisk_module.c:403: warning: implicit declaration
    of function
    root@(none):/home/chois/rfs_modules/fdisk# insmod
    rfs_fdisk_module.o: unresolved symbol read
    rfs_fdisk_module.o: unresolved symbol reboot
    rfs_fdisk_module.o: unresolved symbol lseek
    rfs_fdisk_module.o: unresolved symbol _exit
    rfs_fdisk_module.o: unresolved symbol write
    rfs_fdisk_module.o: unresolved symbol ioctl
    Hint: You are trying to load a module without a GPL
    compatible license
    and it has unresolved symbols. Contact the
    module supplier for
    assistance, only they can help you.

    I had gone through many questions related to this
    "Hint". But i couldn't get any generalized answer. All
    are related to a particular context.

    Thanks & Regards

    BalaKrishna Mallipeddi
    Member Technical Staff Software
    Innomedia Technologies Pvt. Ltd.,
    #3278, 12th Main, HAL 2nd stage,
    Phone : 5278389 + 123

    Do you Yahoo!?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.019 / U:30.736 seconds]