SubjectRe: PROBLEM: Kernel Panic Promise driver
On Maw, 2003-06-10 at 20:39, sydow@speakeasy.net wrote:
> No current OS installed as this was from a boot disk to install.
> This is in a Tyan S2462 THunder K7 board, with dual Athlon 1.2Mhz MPs and
> 1GB of memory. I have removed the Promise PDC support and added i2o and
> the kernel boots fine. Expected behavior would be to use or have this
> promise support in kernel and not to have it panic the kernel by trying to
> initialize the SX6000 with the software raid drivers. This is a rare
> (expensive) peice of hardware so you can contact me for testing if need be.

The promise driver should spot the i960 bridge and skip the 20265/7's on
the card. It works for the older supertrak 100 but I don't have an
SX6000.

Can you send me an lspci -v and an lspci -vxx and we'll figure this one
out

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.038 / U:0.484 seconds]